Winter 2012/13 Newsletter
MOVING WITH THE TIMES (well, almost)
- I have completely redesigned my website. Also, it can now be accessed on any system: iPhone, iPad etc. Please visit the site. If you read further in this newsletter you will see that I’m offering something very special for early visitors. See details below in “New Website“
- Recent exploring in East Sussex has opened up the English Landscape to me. For the first time I have been able to put aside Constable’s view of England and discover my own. I still believe that Constable was and is a great painter of landscapes but the world needs a new view. Examples of my first two pieces are below.
- I have begun another new project. I am depicting people in their place of work. I plan to exhibit the paintings and drawings in the places where they were created. The first series of paintings is of a Gentleman’s Barbers in Croydon, South London. The Valet has a wonderful atmosphere. They give you a glass of wine or coffee while you’re waiting for your haircut, shave, hot towels, facials, the works; newspapers and friendly conversation included. It has everything you need for a relaxing couple of hours and makes for stimulating subject matter. Keep a look out on my new website for the date of the opening of the show.
- Depeching continues apace. The work is piling up in the studio and it’s fast getting to the stage when I must have a clearout of older paintings and drawings to make room for the new. If you are interested please contact me to arrange a visit.
- There will be special “clearance” prices for those who are already collectors of my work. Even if you have only one piece you are a collector. If you haven’t yet started to collect, now is the perfect time.
The First Two East Sussex Landscapes
People have expressed an interested in seeing how my paintings develop so I’m including some of the stages of work for East Sussex 1.
|East Sussex 1. Orange Barn|
|East Sussex 2. Village Rooftops|
Ask me about commissioning a portrait, or a painting or drawing of something else and we can discuss it. Contact me by telephone +44 (0) 7752 368906 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org or in person.
If the portrait is to be a surprise gift, I can, if necessary, work from photographs.